Saturday, April 21, 2012

We Are On Hour 5 of Dewey's Read-A-Thon: Update and Mini Challenges


Well as we start into the fifth hour of the Read-A-Thon, I'd like to at least think I made decent progress!

I read 65 pages of this one but it wasn't for me so I set it aside and picked up...

I finished this book and I really liked it was a fun new look at the well known story! After that was done I went for my next book...

About 40 pages through and loving it!!!

And now for the Mini Challenges:

Book Sentence
For this challenge you will use book titles to form a complete sentence, and then take a picture of your sentence and post it to your blog, facebook or twitter account and then come back and fill out the linky with your link.  

Rules:
* Because you’ll be taking a picture, no ebooks allowed.  Sorry!
* Book titles ONLY.  You may not use author names or add/remove words to a title.  This is what makes the challenge a challenge, verbs are hard to come by!
* Use a minimum of 3 books.
* Take a picture and post to your blog, facebook or twitter account. 
* Come back here and leave your link in the correct linky

My Entry: Deeply devoted to win her heart forevermore!

Turn to Page...
For this challenge, you must turn to page 32 of the book you are currently reading (or the nearest page with text on it) and find the most entertaining phrase to complete the following sentence:

"I would rather read than ________ any day!"

My Entry: "I would rather read than "get asked to prom" any day!
From Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulburg


So there you have it, now I'm off to read more!!

Additional Challenge Joined in hour 7!

Bon Appetit!

Take one of the books you are reading today.  Now lets pretend that you are going to have a book discussion with friends regarding that book.  They are all coming over to your house and you are providing food and beverage to go with said book.  That’s right, your challenge is to share with me here:

1.  Title and author of the book

2.  The menu:  the food, the beverage (if you want you can go as far plan background music, decor, whatever.




My Entry: I'm reading Cascade by Lisa T. Bergren. Since I'm not extremely creative I kinda stole my menu from the book! Chicken, ham, figs, currants, pears, meat pies, bread, wine (not for me!) and water.

4 comments:

Nea said...

Awww, your book sentense is so so beautiful! Creativity rules the world :) ;)

Abbi Hart said...

Thanks nea barabea!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

LOL, nice and you dont have to be creative - I love it when the food is listed for us in books. Hope your red a thon time has been wonderful!

Kimberly @ Midnight Book Girl said...

Great sentence. Thanks for participating. I hope you had a good time

Post a Comment