Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Top Ten Books for People Who Like Susan May Warren

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


This weeks top ten is to pick an author and then give recommendations of books that people who like said author might enjoy. The very first author that came to mind was of course Susan May Warren. Any one who frequents this blog probably knows by know that she is my favorite author. And since she is such a diverse author I'm going to go suggest a series for each of her series. So here we go! (These are just in the order that they appear on my shelf)

PJ Sugar Novels-The series that I think is most similar to this is actually The Charmed Life by Jenny B. Jones. While there is a rather large age difference they have so much in common that it just seems logical to me to like one if you like the other.

Noble Legacy-This one took me a little whiled but I decided on The Kincaid Brides by Mary Connealy, since they both are about three siblings and a family ranch.

Team Hope-Often when I think of this series the first series that pops into my head is The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson. They are the same genre and have the same kinda feel to them.

Deep Haven-I'm matching this series with The Glenbrooke Series by Robin Jones Gunn. They both are series about different people in the small towns

Daughters of Fortune-This one was a little tough but I think I'm going to recommend Julie Klassen's books. I've only read one of hers so far but I think it's a good fit!

Heirs of Anton-I drew a blank so I asked Katie and she recommended the American Family Portrait Series by Jack Cavanaugh.

Mission: Russia-Based on the whole close team aspect I'd recommend The Discarded Heroes Series by Ronie Kendig. It's also Romantic Suspense and is an amazing series!

Missions of Mercy-These books are getting put with Irene Hannon's Heroes of Quantico. They have a lot of different things that remind me of each other so I figured it was a good pair!

Josey-The best fit I could think of for this was The Boo Series by Rene Gutteridge. They seem to have a lot in common at least as far as I can remember since it's been awhile since I read either.

Sons of Thunder-The best match I came up with was By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Tricia Goyer since they both are about two brothers and one girl.

Nightingale-I went with The Messenger by Siri Mitchell because they both deal with the loving of ones enemy in a time of war.

Wow this was tougher than it sounded!

11 comments:

Nina said...

I haven´t read any book on your list..I should really just pick one out and read it.

Leorah said...

Awesome! Thank you so much for doing this! I have been meaning to ask you some good Susan May Warren books to buy but haven't yet had the chance. So grateful for this list! ♥

Abbi Hart said...

Leorah-My absolute favs are the Team Hope series so definitely make sure you read those!

Grateful Leorah ;) said...

♥♥♥

Melanie said...

Great list!

wanderingbtrfly said...

I can definitely agree to your Dee Henderson and Robin Jones Gunn recommendations. Susan May Warren is one of my all-time favorite authors, and these are two of my other all-time favs. I'll have to check out the Discarded Heroes series now. Thanks for the recs!

Anonymous said...

Love Susan May Warren books! She is one of my absolute favorite authors! I can't wait for her next Christiansen family novel to come out in July!

Anonymous said...

Some good books here.

Tricia Goyer said...

Thanks for including me!

Rina's Reading said...

Did you know this post was featured on the Susan May Warren Fiction fb page yesterday? How neat!

Abbi Hart said...

wanderingbtrfly-The Discarded Heroes series is amazing! Hope you get to read it soon!

Colby-Me too!

onorman-Thanks

Tricia-You are very welcome!

Rina-Yeah I saw that! It was also on her twitter and my views jumped like crazy! Definitely cool!

Post a Comment