Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

So it's really hard to do top ten of this because in truth almost all authors deserve more recognition especially in the Christian genre. That being said I will try to pick just ten and they will be ten that I love but don't really hear too many people talking about! Note: These are just in the order I thought of them not in order of favorites!

#1. Susan May Warren-I do feel like more recently she's gotten more recognition but there are still so many people who have no idea who I'm talking about when I say she's my favorite author.

#2. Jenny B. Jones-Her book are laugh out loud funny and so good! It baffles me why more people don't read her books!

#3. Sarah Sundin-This is a newer author discovery for me and I can not believe it took me this long to read her books. The three that I've read were amazing and I absolutely adored them!

#4. Jen Turano-A newer author who is amazing! I thoroughly loved both of her books and cannot wait for the third!

#5. Roseanna M. White-I've only read one book and a novella of hers so far but they are amazingly good ones that I highly recommend! Really surprised that it took me this long to really find her!

#6. Dani Pettrey-Another newer author who's books I love! Great romantic suspense!

#7. Ronie Kendig-Such brilliantly gripping romantic suspense! I get so excited when a new book comes out and devour them as soon as I get them. They are some of the few books that I've actually preordered!

#8. Jody Hedlund-This author writes so beautifully it's impossible to not love her books! I even loved the one that was a genre I don't like! That's the sign of a great author!

#9. Karen Witemeyer-Some of the best western books ever! I love all 5 of her books so much!

#10. Cathy Marie Hake-I'll be the first to admit that I don't love all of her books but I do love quite a few of them and they are some of my all-time favorite books!

4 comments:

Sarah Sundin said...

Ah, thank you, ladies! Some of my favorite authors - and people - are on this list too!

Amber Holcomb said...

Nice list! Just wanted to note that Roseanna actually has 5 books (6 if you count the free novella) out already. :) Really enjoyed LFY in Annapolis and the first two books in her new series!

~Amber

Abbi Hart said...

Amber-Thanks for the reminder! I knew that but I was doing this late at night when I was tired, distracted, and brain dead! Fixing now!

Jamie E. said...

These are all new to me! Thanks for sharing!
Here was my Top Ten.

Post a Comment