Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten Books I Was "Forced" to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Due to being homeschooled I really didn't have much in the way of required reading and the only other way of being "forced" to read books was when my sisters would either make me finish a book I wasn't enjoying or bribe me with other books if I read certain ones. So this list isn't really a top ten it's more of the ten books I could think of! And I just want to point out that the closest I got to liking these books was tolerating so I'm pretty happy with my ability to judge whether or not I'll like a book!

#1. Songs in the Night Trilogy by Jack Cavanaugh-I don't remember what my sister was bribing me with but all I know is I'd have never read one let alone all three on my own!
#2. Blink by Ted Dekker-I was convinced I would never like Ted Dekker so my sister said if I read three of his books she would buy me three books of my choice! I'll read anything with that kind of motive (the three books I picked were the Team Hope series by Susan May Warren)
#3. Thunder of Heaven by Ted Dekker-Another of the three that I had to read and I can't remember what the third was!
#4. Into the Flames by Robert Elmer-I enjoyed the first two books in this series and for some reason just didn't want to read the third but my sisters forced me to finish and it did end up being pretty good.
#5. Adventures of the Northwoods (Books 1,2 & maybe three) by Lois Walfrid Johnson-Just never really enjoyed them but my sister wanted me to read a couple and with the limited reading supply I had at the time it wasn't that hard to convince me!
#6. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley-This was a school read and to be honest I was kinda curious.
#7. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson-Same as Frankenstein.
#8. Anything by Jennie Allen-A non-fiction read that my mom decided we all HAD to read...
#9. The Beauty of Christ Through Brokenness by K.P. Yohannan-Same as Anything.
#10. I couldn't think of anymore and since some of these were more than one I'm just gonna count it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment