Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Sunflower Blogger Award

Melanie (Christian Bookshelf Reviews) and Rina (Rina's Reading) both tagged me for The Sunflower Blog Award! Thank you both! Sorry this has taken me so long to post!

The Rules:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 new questions

11 Facts
1. I love almost all superheroes though my favorite is definitely Captain America!
2. I watch tons of TV shows and some of my favs are: Doctor Who, Castle, Psych, NCIS, NCIS:LA, Sherlock, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Leverage, Hawaii Five-0, Warehouse 13, Veronica Mars, The Mentalist, Rizzoli & Isles, Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Covert Affairs, Firefly, and many more!
3. I have an eclectic taste in music, Christian, Oldies, Country, Pop, Rock, and Soundtracks!
4. I rarely ever wear make-up-The most I use is eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.
5. I have the taste buds of an eight year old most of the time! I'd rather have mac n' cheese or hot dogs than sushi or the like!
6. I love history and learning facts about it!
7. I despise raspberries and pretty much everything flavored with raspberry. It all started when my sister got sick after drinking raspberry tea.
8. I love Reese's cups and/or anything flavored with chocolate and peanut butter!
9. I absolutely love kids, especially babies, and my dream is to be a nanny someday!
10. I'm a major indoor person and rarely just go outside for the fun of it. I'm not a fan of heat at all and our PA weather is really humid.
11. I love old things and pictures especially those connected to my family history!

Melanie's Questions:

What's the last book you bought?  I actually just bought a whole bunch of books with gift cards! They were: The Selection by Kiera Cass, Cinder by Marissa Meyer, The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson, Legend by Marie Lu, Crossed and Reached by Ally Condie, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner, Dualed by Elsie Chapman, and Fragments by Dan Wells!

What's the last movie you watched? I think the last movie was The Monuments Men. It was pretty great!

What's your all-time favorite book cover? These are a few of my favs-I can't pick just one!

What's your favorite summer activity, besides reading? Going to the pool, beach, or Kennywood!

What is one of the worst/most-boring movies you've seen? There are so many movies that I've seen and thought were awful but a specific one is not coming to mind. As for boring I'd probably say any Jane Austen movie though I haven't made it through many of them!

If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would you choose? Great Britian

Sneakers or sandals? Sandels-I hate shoes!

The beach or the pool? Either!

What's the last book that made you cry or laugh-out-loud? The last book to make me cry was one of Julie Lessman's (I cried during a lot of hers) and laugh was probably the last book I finished (I laugh a lot) Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig

What's your favorite candle scent? Vanilla

Do you have a favorite B&W movie? I love old movies but most of them are color so I'll say Arsenic and Old Lace!

Rina's Questions

If you could travel back in time and be the proverbial fly on the wall, where and when would you go? Hmm I love history so this is a bit of a hard one but the first one that came to mind was the signing and first reading aloud of The Declaration of Independence!

Favorite genre? Book: Probably historical though I have very eclectic tastes! Movie: RomCom

Favorite aspect of blogging? Getting to connect with authors and fellow bloggers, also the free books!

Least favorite part of blogging? Sometimes it can be a bit of a hassle when you're crazy busy yet have blog posts that need to go up!

If you could swap places with a book character who would it be (and for how long)? Autumn Kingsley from Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg and I'd probably never want to leave Blake and Whisper Shore are just to awesome!

What's the longest you've stayed awake? 24 hours is probably the longest straight time I've been awake but I have gone a couple days on only a couple hours of sleep!

What are the next three books on your to read list? Out of the Ruins by Karen Barnett, Yankee in Atlanta by Jocelyn Green, and A Broken Kind of Beautiful by Katie Ganshert

Where do you get most of your books from? Review books: Litfuse Buying: Amazon or Abe Books

Favorite place to read? My bed!

You've been invited to a literary costume party. Who will you dress as? Gabi from the River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren

What is the most memorable thing you've learned from a book? I don't know about the most memorable but the book I just finished was about finding happiness in the small things and that was a reminder I really needed!

I'm Tagging
Rosie @ Writings of Rosie
Grace @ Fictionally
Kate @ Too Read or Not Too Read
Jillian @ Covers and Ink
ANYONE WHO WANTS TO JOIN IN!
You can either make a post or leave your answers in the comments, I'd love to read them!

My Questions

1. What is one of your favorite books to reread?
2. Is there a Christian genre that you refuse to read?
3. What is the biggest turn off for you in a book?
4. What is your favorite cover feature (i.e. dresses, bold font, cute couple, etc)?
5. What is your absolute favorite musical?
6. Do you prefer online shopping or going to an actual bookstore?
7. Where is the oddest place you have taken a book to read?
8. If you could choose a fictional family to join, which one would it be?
9. What are some of your favorite TV shows to watch?
10. What would be your dream job?
11. How many books do you own?

3 comments:

Rina's Reading said...

Thanks for participating! Love your answers. The signing of the Declaration of Independence would be a great event to witness. :-)

Grace said...

Thanks for the award, Abbi! Hope to do the tag sometime this week. :-D

Abbi Hart said...

Rina-Thanks for the tag! Yeah I'm a bit of a fan of the events surrounding the birth of our nation!

Grace-You are very welcome!

Post a Comment