Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Memes 1/30

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you ever get comments from authors when you have posted or tweeted your review?

My Answer:
Yes I've gotten a lot of author comments on my reviews and it never fails to make my day!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Lindsey floated up to her dorm room at Delton School for Girls. Racing to her window, she watched Tristan walk of campus, his gait confident as he held his cellphone up to his ear. She rummaged through her purse for her phone. Was he already calling her to tell her what a great time he'd had?
Worth the Time by Laura Jackson

My Thoughts
Cute beginning!

10 comments:

Katherine P said...

Author comments are so exciting! I hope for Lindsey's sake Tristan is calling her. It's a cute beginning!

JC Jones said...

Was he calling her or someone else.

Elizabeth said...

I agree....hearing from an author makes a smile last for a long time.

ENJOY your reading weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

I do I fear he isn't calling her? And I love hearing from the authors. Makes it all worth it to me. http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

Stormi said...

Interesting beginning. :)

Stormi
Friday Memes

Unknown said...

It feels great when authors leave comments or reply to our Tweets. That beginning is interesting and I hope he was calling her.

Kathy @ My Nook, Books & More
My Blog Hop Answer

Unknown said...

Oh you're so lucky that authors commented on your reviews and cute beginning indeed :)

BookBloggerHop@EverythingNyze
BookBeginning@EverythingNyze

Abbi Hart said...

Katherine-They are! Sadly he turned out to be a jerk!

JC-Someone else.

Elizabeth-It's the best!

Lisa-Yup!

Stormi-I agree!

Kathy-Yeah I love it!

Nyze-It's a great feeling!

Alysia said...

That is so cool you get authors commenting (as long as it's a good one.) LOL! Great start on the book.

Abbi Hart said...

Alysia-Yeah I went through the roof the first time it happened!

Post a Comment