Thursday, January 20, 2005

Overgrown Stories

Three Strand (the working title for my short story) is coming along well, though the word count seems pitiful compared to others'. But that's not a bad thing with a short story. I feel like Gwen, Emerson, and Chelsea will soon be asking for a novel of their own. I specifically took stereotypes, melded and twisted them, and now these characters are so complex I'm not sure they'll fit under 6000 words.

One of the things I love about writing is the characters that develop a life of their own beyond the black and white of the computer page. I hate to leave them when the story or book is done. I guess that's why many authors write series - and have characters popping up in different novels.

Received my first writing check of the year - small but appreciated. Hoping it's just the start of many.

Sorry this is a bit disconnected, but I wanted to get this entry in tonight. Now that we have broadband I'll be able to post more often - if I can tear myself away from the new computer games!

0 comments:

Post a Comment