Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I've Been Tagged!

I'm an abnormal blogger. I don't post that often on here, mostly because I haunt forums and ramble about my non-writing life (which is pretty boring) on my private xanga (I don't normally give out the link, but look carefully, you may find it). I don't use Bloglines or any other of those nifty things to keep track of the blogs I like, but instead wait for those urges to "find out what everybody's up to" and randomly travel through links to visit my friends.

Which is one reason I didn't find out about the seven sevens meme until today.

I scanned through a few before wondering, "Hey, I wonder if anybody tagged me?" Thus began a purposeful search, skipping past others' ponderings on their lives, likes, and goals, to find one thing - my name. A bit selfish, I'll admit (though I'll visit your posts again later), but there was only slight hope of finding it - what chance does a once-a-month scatterbrained blogger have against all these talented, disciplined celebrities?

So imagine my surprise at finding my name on Chris Well's blog. And in the company of people like Dave Long and Matt Bronleewe. Yippee! Now I feel special. Thanks, Chris!

Seven Things to Do Before I Die
1. Publish 5 books
2. Get married
3. Visit England, Germany, Ireland, Scotland, and Austria
4. Learn to juggle
5. Live by a waterfall
6. Learn tact
7. Do something extraordinarily wonderful that everyone will remember me for

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Play the violin
2. Have a career in public speaking
3. Function normally without the internet
4. Wiggle my ears
5. Take things impersonally
6. (Dare I admit this?) Drive
7. Eat bugs

Seven Things that Attract Me to My [wife, husband, romantic interest, best friend, whomever] Since I'm not married, engaged, or courting (and since any romantic interest not in those areas must remain anonymous), I offer this glimpse into what I'm looking for, with these seven things as prominent:
1. His faith
2. His character
3. His smile
4. His humor
5. His intelligence
6. His kindness
7. His family

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. Hi there!
2. Sure
3. Okay
4. Great!
5. I loved that book
6. What's your Myers-Briggs type?
7. See you later
(Can you tell I'm an introvert?)

Seven Books (or Series) I Love
1. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
2. Songs in the Night series by Jack Cavanaugh
3. O'Malley series by Dee Henderson
4. Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge
5. Arena by Karen Hancock
6. Thr3e by Ted Dekker
7. The Rivers of Judah series by Catherine Farnes

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again
1. Ever After
2. Shrek
3. Rigaletto
4. Princess Bride
5. Star Wars
6. Spider-Man 1&2
7. Pirates of the Caribbean

Seven People I Want to Join in, Too
Actually, I'm pretty sure the few people who read this blog have already been tagged. But in the rare case you haven't - you're it!

2 comments:

Sign out said...

Learn to juggle! That's a good one.

(And I wish I had thought of that "Tag, you're it" idea.)

William G. said...

"6. Learn tact"

Priceless. :)

Post a Comment