Friday, March 30, 2007

Reclaiming Nick

I love Susan May Warren's books. She and Dee Henderson lobby for the title of "Queen of Romantic Suspense" in my mind (currently Susie's winning, but I'm still waiting for Dee to break out with another awesome novel along the lines of the early O'Malley books).

I'm not a fan of Westerns. Cowboys just don't do it for me. So when I heard that Susan May Warren's next book would feature a cowboy and a ranch, my heart sank a little. But if anyone could make me love a Western, it would be Susie. And she did.
Reclaiming Nick is the tale of a prodigal son who goes home too late. His father is gone, and has willed half of the Noble ranch to Nick's former best friend, Cole - the man who married his gal. Nick vows that Cole will never get the family land.
Journalist Piper Sullivan believes Nick framed her brother for murder, so she accepts the position of cook at the Noble ranch so she can undercover evidence to make Nick pay. But weaseling out the truth may be harder and take longer than she thinks - and she doesn't know how much longer she can fake her non-existent cooking skills.
Family secrets lie just below the surface, and with enough digging around they're sure to come to light.
Don't miss this heart-stirring novel. And be sure to visit Nick's own blog to meet him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment