Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Memes 10/24

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
You accidentally unleashed ghouls from a novel and they are now running amok. What fictional hero (book or film) would you like to help you defeat the ghouls?

My Answer:
My first thoughts were all television heroes due to the fact that I watch a lot of paranormal shows but don't really read paranormal books. So I was just going to go with one of them but since this is a book blog I wanted to have a book hero too, which had me scouring my shelves. For my book hero I ended up picking Luca Forelli from The River of Time Series (Shocker, I know) because not only is he a skilled fighter he's also funny, and in a situation like that I know I could use a little humor! As for TV I'd pick either the Tenth Doctor or Buffy Summers, I really don't think either of them need  an explanation!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"Is it always a sin to tell a lie?
Sixteen-year-old Cecily Faire rolled over to glance at Leah, who slumbered in the narrow bed they shared.
A Lady at Willowgrove Hall by Sarah E. Ladd

My Thoughts
That first question really makes you think if you do stop to think about it. I've heard and been a part of several discussions on the matter and it is really hard to come down hard on either side of the matter!

6 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That's a great opening. I'd keep reading to find out why she was contemplating that question. Had she lied about something or was she considering lying?
My Friday post features Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind.

Juli Rahel said...

Aaah Buffy! How could I forget her? I created a whole female Ghost Buster squad and somehow forgot about Buffy... I'm a terrible person! You sound like you got those ghouls under control! I understand your hesitance to give an answer to the book's question because sometimes a white lie is a good thing! It sounds like it'll be an intriguing book! Thanks for sharing :) hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Elizabeth said...

I haven't heard of any of these characters/ghouls. :)

I am not a reader of scary things.

THANKS for sharing, and have a good weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Billy Burgess said...

It seems everyone is picking Buffy!

Unknown said...

Interesting opening. Thanks for sharing! :)

Here's mine:
NYZE@everythingnyze

Abbi Hart said...

Sandra-It definitely piques your interest!

Juli-I'm still have a few episodes of Buffy left to watch so it's pretty easy to remember her when I've been watching lots of that show! The book was rather good!

Elizabeth-Me either but I don't mind watching it!

Billy-Haha I guess that's to be expected!

Nyze-Glad you liked it!

Post a Comment