Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Memes 5/13

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Is there a reason why you choose Blogger over WordPress or a different platform?

My Answer:
It was what my sister started the blog on and I've kept it there since it's familiar for me!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"It's all yours. The apartment. The restaurant. She left it all to you."
I stared at him.  I knew I was doing little more than blinking, but so many words came to my head at once...yet none seemed to add up to complete sentences.
Three Wishes by Lisa T. Bergren 

My Thoughts
Wonderful beginning, subtly draws you into the story from the very start!

6 comments:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Hi Abbi, now I'm wondering if the narrator is upset because she wanted more than she got or kind of co-celebrating with "him". Very interesting!

Here's my Book Beginnings et al.

Elizabeth said...

I like Blogger and use it because I am familiar as you say too.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Sportochick's Musings said...

I can move around easily plus I don't want to migrate and have to learn all over again.
Sportochick’s Musings Blog Hop Answer

Literary Feline said...

I agree, that is a good opening. I have read one book by Bergren before and really enjoyed it. I haven't read this one.

I came into Blogger through my husband as that's what he used and knew too.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

A good beginning that makes me want to know more! :)
Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

Abbi Hart said...

LuAnn-Not exactly but that would be interesting!

Elizabeth- :)

Teri-Yeah

Literary Feline-Lisa is amazing!

Lauren- It's worth a read!

Post a Comment