Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday Memes 6/21



The Question:
When you are writing your reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you are completely done with the book?

My Answer:
I typically wait till I am completely done with a book before starting my review though I have occasionally written things down while reading!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Miss Arabella Beckett had always been proud of the fact that she'd never ended up in jail. She could no longer make that claim.
A Most Peculiar Circumstance by Jen Turano

My Thoughts
A fun and intriguing beginning! Makes you curious as to how she ended up in jail! (Which is quite the amusing story btw!)

8 comments:

Grace said...

Indeed, it is amusing. :-D

Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net said...

lol, interesting first line! I wonder what did happen that landed her in jail xD Thanks for sharing this, happy reading!

My Friday Book Memes

Elizabeth said...

I write them as I am reading and make corrections when I am done.

Stop by for my full answer.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Vonnie said...

I chuckled at that beginning. It makes me wonder of what she keeps doing that finally ended her up in jail.

My post

Meredith said...

I read first too. Getting lost in the book is the whole point :)

Meredith
Meredith’s Musings

Tasha said...

I don't take notes for my reviews and write everything after finishing the book. Hope you have a great weekend!
Tasha @ A Trillian Books xoxo

Vicki said...

Our answers are similar!
Here's My Answer

Veronica said...

Yeah I think a majority of people finish reading the book first. Great quote btw.

Feel free to stop by and see my answer (very similar to yours) ;]

Post a Comment