Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0: Day 6: Challenge

Bout of Books

Book Staging
Hosted by: Midnight Book Girl

"Description:  You know how real estate agents will stage an apartment to attract potential buyers?  Well, that’s what you’re going to do to a book!
Rules:  Take a picture of a book you’re reading today, or any book you have lying around.  In the picture you should have the book in a setting, or surrounded by items, that represent the book.  It can mimic the cover, or represent characters/events/etc from the story.  Basically, make us want to read the book based on picture alone."

I chose to do one of my favorite books A Distant Melody! This is a WWII story so I got ammo container from my brother that is actually from WWII! Then since the hero is a pilot I got one of my brother's toy planes to represent that aspect of the story. And since music plays a big part in this book I grabbed my record that has hits from the 30's-50's. Some of the songs on it are even mentioned in the book! And lastly I found an old American flag and my British flag iPod case since the story takes place in both America and England! Oh and I couldn't resist making it look old!

0 comments:

Post a Comment