Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hill Country Cattleman by Laurie Kingery

About the Book
A Match Made in Texas
To escape a scandal in England, Violet Brookfield is sent to her brother's ranch in Texas. Soon she discovers that the vibrant new world and rugged trail boss Raleigh Masterson are perfect material for the Western she's writing. And when her time is up, she'll return to the nobleman she left behind.

Violet is the most elegant female ever to set foot in Simpson Creek, and Raleigh is sure she'll never stay. He has no business falling for the beautiful aristocrat. But soon Violet makes a place for herself in the Hill Country—and in his heart. Now if only he can convince her that she belongs there forever….

My Thoughts
This is the sixth book of the Brides of Simpson Creek series and it was just as good as it's predecessors which I loved! When I first found out who this book was about I got super excited and I'm happy to say it lived up to my expectations! The hero is the Collier's (from book four The Rancher's Courtship) foreman and the heroine is Nick Brookfield's (from book one Mail-Order Cowboy) sister, and together they created a perfect story of a love that can bridge social gaps. Raleigh has recently had an experience that shook him so much that he completely turned his life away from the not-so great things he'd taken part of and fully to God, which served to make him a wonderfully flawed but worthy hero that I couldn't help falling in love with. And as for Violet she was not at all as prissy as I expected but was actually rather down to earth and had a couple surprises up her sleeve that left me loving her too! It was also fun seeing all the couples from the other books! The villain of the story was well-written and I enjoyed watching his plans foiled! In the end I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait for the next installments in this series!

Meet the Author
Laurie Kingery is the author of twenty-three historical romances. She won the Reader's Choice Award for THE RAVEN AND THE SWAN in 1994,and has been nominated for an ACFW Carol Award. Laurie lives in Ohio with her husband Tom (whom she met on eHarmony!). She has two children, seven grandchildren, and two dogs. She is a  veteran RN of an inner-city emergency room. A Christian since her teenage years, she is a member of Quest Community Church of New Albany.

0 comments:

Post a Comment