Thursday, January 08, 2015

2014 End of Year Book Survey


2014 Reading Stats

Number Of Books You Read: 169
Number of Re-Reads: 19
Genre You Read The Most From: Historical Fiction

Best in Books 

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
This was super difficult since I read so many amazing books but I am going to go with Surprised by Love by Julie Lessman. Not only was it AMAZING but I also had a character named after me in it!

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 
Worth the Wait by Laura Jackson and Happy to Be Alive, Because... by Chelsea Jacobs both were debut releases and they sounded good but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved them!

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
I didn't do too much book pushing this year but I did get my sister to finally read the Wings of Glory Series by Sarah Sundin and she loved it!

 5. Best series you started in 2014? The Heart of San Francisco by Julie Lessman
     Best Sequel of 2014? Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg
     Best Series Ender of 2014? Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Kate Breslin

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I have a pretty broad comfort zone but Lena Goldfinch's books aren't my typical type of book but I did enjoy them!

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I had a lot of books I didn't want to put down this year but the one that fits all three of these would be Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig

 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Any of Julie Lessman's books and Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?

11. Most memorable character of 2014?
 I had tons of favorite characters but one that sticks in my mind a lot is Josh Martin from Worth the Wait by Laura Jackson. He was an amazing guy and so mature for a high-schooler!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
 For Such a Time by Kate Breslin

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
Happy to Be Alive, Because... by Chelsea Jacobs

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
Didn't keep track of any!

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest: Allegiant by Veronica Roth (526 pgs)
Shortest: A Hero's Promise by Roseanna M. White (35 pgs)

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most
(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Hmm not too sure about this one, maybe Allegiant by Veronica Roth or Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren though in both cases I had an inkling of what was going to happen.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Luca and Lia from The River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren, 

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
The O'Conner family from Daughters of Boston and Winds of Change series by Julie Lessman

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You've Read Previously
Almost every one of my favorite authors released a new book this year so this was a bit long of a list, I ended up shortening it to the books that I read that became my favorite of that author's!
Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg
Dancing With Fireflies by Denise Hunter
Meant to Be Mine by Becky Wade
A Match of Wits by Jen Turano
Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz 
Caught in the Middle by Regina Jennings

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Jupiter Winds by C.J. Darlington

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Blake Hunziker from Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg

23. Best 2014 debut you read?
For Such a Time by Kate Breslin

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Destined for Doon by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I grin like a dope through all of Julie Lessman's books (except when she's making me cry)

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
There were several but the most notable would be Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Worth the Wait by Laura Jackson

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
My soul is still intact-I can't really think of one that "crushed" it

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Lena Goldfinch's

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Vow Unbroken by Carol McAdoo-REALLY didn't like this one!

Your Blogging/Bookish Life

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 
Rissi's blog Dreaming Under the Same Moon! I had seen her name pop up a few times on blogs but I didn't start following till this year. Both the blog and it's author are amazing and I love reading and commenting on her posts!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 
I had a blast writing reviews for all of Julie Lessman's books and having a week and a half where I posted one each day!

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
Didn't really have any discussion posts!

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
My favorite meme to participate in is Top Ten Tuesday!

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Getting to have a character named after me in my favorite author, Julie Lessman's, newest book!

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Social Media (aka Where to Find Me Online)

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I'm pretty happy with the amount of love my posts got!

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Really didn't discover anything new!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
 I didn't reach my original goal of 215 books because I hadn't foreseen getting a part time job for most of the summer then moving out and getting a job in the fall! I did complete most of my other challenges with a few exceptions!

Looking Ahead

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
 Lots! Top of the list: Hawk by Ronie Kendig, Rebels by Jill Williamson, and A Bride in Store by Melissa Jagears.

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey, Always on My Mind & The Wonder of You by Susan May Warren, From the Start by Melissa Tagg, Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin, and A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
The Wonder of You by Susan May Warren (end of The Christiansen series)

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I would love to be able to review every book I read!

6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
 I haven't read a 2015 release yet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment