Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Bout of Books 12: Day 1 Update & Day 2 Challenge

Bout of Books

Day One Progress
Books I Read Today: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (248 pgs)
A Sugar Creek Christmas by Jenny B. Jones (67 pgs)
Books I Finished Today: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Pages Read Today: 315
Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 315

My Thoughts on Today
Not a bad way to start off the read-a-thon! I started my new nanny job today and then had a babysitting job in the evening but since the baby I watch slept a lot I was able to get a bunch of reading in! Here's hoping day 2 goes well!

Day Two Challenge

Top 10 Recommendations

"You’ve just started to work at a bookstore (or library) - what are your top ten go-to book recommendations?"

#1. The O'Conner Family Saga by Julie Lessman

#2. Made to Last and Here to Stay by Melissa Tagg

#3. The River of Time Series by Lisa T. Bergren

#4. Wings of Glory Series by Sarah Sundin

#5. The Quiet Professionals Series by Ronie Kendig

#6. The Christiansen Family by Susan May Warren

#7. Alaskan Courage Series by Dani Pettrey

#8. The O'Malley Series by Dee Henderson

#9. Lassoed in Texas/Montana Marriages/Sophie's Daughter Series by Mary Connealy

#10. The Homelanders Series by Andrew Klavan



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great recommendations!! I haven't heard of any of them but that's what books are meant to do-broaden horizons, right? I hope to see you around my blog

Katelynn
www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

Asheley T. said...

Every single one of your recs (I think) is on my to-read list either on Goodreads or Amazon or my library! This makes me chuckle. You'd be the perfect person for me to go to if you were working in a bookstore or library near me. (:

I'm not participating in the readathon, but I'm wishing you the best!

Abbi Hart said...

Katelynn-Glad you liked them! I'll be sure to visit your blog!

Asheley-Haha they are all amazing! I love recommending books to people and watching them fall in love with my favorites!

Cassie said...

Ooohh - lots of series recommendations on there! The Melissa Tagg books have been hanging on my TBR for awhile now. Have fun reading this week!

Abbi Hart said...

Cassie-I am a big fan of series! I love when I get to spend lots of time with characters! Melissa's books are absolutely amazing and I hope you get to read them soon!

Post a Comment