Monday, December 28, 2015

One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg

About the Book
Last December, mystery author Maren Grant had the most perfect night of her life. On a glimmering winter evening, she got to watch the photo shoot for her very first book and ended up on a magical date with the cover model himself—Colin Renwycke.
Fast forward one year. This December, with a looming deadline, restless spirit and her creative spark long since gone, Maren is desperate to get unstuck. And she can’t get Colin out of her head…or his year-old open invitation to spend a couple weeks writing at his family’s farm.
Drew Renwycke never planned to come home and take over the Renwycke family farm. But he’s spent too many years watching his siblings unravel, including his brother, Colin, after one terrible family mistake. If moving to Maple Valley, Iowa, renovating an old farmhouse and switching careers is what it takes to put the Renwycke family back together, he’ll do it.
But his simple plan upends when a scrappy author lands on his doorstep. And she just might be the key to coaxing his brother home. But what if he wants her all to himself? Drew will have to choose between his Christmas wish and the enchantment of a holiday romance that just might be the happy ending they all long for.

My Thoughts 
This story was born from the author developing a slight (okay major) crush on the cover model for her upcoming release. I can honestly say I have never been more grateful for a crush in my entire life! This story was absolutely everything I hoped it would be and I loved Maren and Drew so much! I read this all in almost one sitting and from start to finish it was absolutely amazing. Melissa did a fantastic job of packing so much content into a small page count and while (as I always do with her books) I wished it was longer the story was not lacking in anything. It was really great to return to Maple Valley and to visit some of the characters I loved from From the Start. This town is truly one of my favorite fictional places and I desperately wish it was real so I could go visit! I'm going to stop my gushing here in order to avoid any spoilers but I highly recommend that you check out this novella and all of this author's other books, you won't be sorry!

Meet the Author
Melissa Tagg is a former reporter, current nonprofit grant writer and total Iowa girl. She writes romantic comedies in the banter-filled style of her favorite 1930s and 40s classic films. When she's not writing she can be found hanging out with the coolest family ever, watching old movies, and daydreaming about her next book. Melissa loves connecting with readers at www.melissatagg.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

I received an e-book copy of this book free from the authorr in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment