Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Memes 10/16

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
You're having a costume party with the theme "Book Characters." Who would you go as?

My Answer:
I would go as one of Sarah Sundin's heroines! Most likely as Mary Stirling from Through Waters Deep though I might be adventures and dress up as one of the flight nurses!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

A clipped sound echoed along the cavernous street as Selah Rishon raised her foot onto a stone bench. She jerked her head up to glance around the abandoned streetscape.
Lightning by Bonnie S. Calhoun

My Thoughts
Pretty good start, makes you wonder what's happening!

4 comments:

Maria said...

I like the beginning - makes me want to know what's going on. Here's My Book Beginning & Friday 56

Elizabeth said...

I don't know those characters.

Thanks for sharing your costume choice.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Great tension in the opening sentences. I'd keep reading to find out what's making that sound.
My Friday post features The Beach Walkers.

Abbi Hart said...

Maria-Yup!

Elizabeth-They are great characters!

Sandra-It is intriguing.

Post a Comment