Thursday, May 17, 2012

Talkin' Thursday: Read-A-Thons


Sorry that this is going up late and that it is going to be a rather short post. As I was thinking about a subject to talk about, that I could do quickly so that I could get back to reading books for the read-a-thon I'm participating in, it dawned on me to just write about read-a-thons.

I first discovered these in April when a fellow blogger told me about Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. I thought it sounded fun so I decided to join. I loved it! The thrill of pushing yourself to read more and stay awake as long as possible was exhilarating. I got a lot of reading done and had fun connecting with other bloggers. Around that same time I joined another small (only a handful of participants) 10 day read-a-thon but wasn't as pushed to succeed.

Then just last week I found out about the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon that was taking place this entire week. I was really excited and jumped on board right before it began. I'm pretty pleased with my progress and can't wait to see how much more I can do before the week is done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment