Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #42: Stealing the Preacher

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witemeyer
Bethany House-June 1, 2013

About the Book
On his way to interview for a position at a church in the Piney Woods of Texas, Crockett Archer can scarcely believe it when he's forced off the train by a retired outlaw and presented to the man's daughter as the minister she requested for her birthday. Worried this unfortunate detour will ruin his chances of finally serving a congregation of his own, Crockett is determined to escape. But when he finally gets away, he's haunted by the memory of the young woman he left behind--a woman whose dreams now hinge on him.
For months, Joanna Robbins prayed for a preacher. A man to breathe life back into the abandoned church at the heart of her community. A man to assist her in fulfilling a promise to her dying mother. A man to help her discover answers to the questions that have been on her heart for so long. But just when it seems God has answered her prayers, it turns out the parson is there against his will and has dreams of his own calling him elsewhere. Is there any way she can convince Crockett to stay in her little backwoods community? And does the attraction between them have any chance of blossoming when Joanna's outlaw father is dead set against his daughter courting a preacher?

Why I Want It
I have absolutely loved every one of Karen Witemeyer's previous four book especially her last on, Short-Straw Bride. So I was super excited when I discovered that a character from that book (my fav other than the main two) was getting his own story. I absolutely loved Crockett and his story just sounds so good!

4 comments:

Michelles Paranormal Vault Of Books said...

never heard of that one, but doesn't seem to be the kind of book I read anyway (paranormal ones) I do hope you enjoy it. :)

WOW For Apollyon with teasers

writingsofrosie said...

Ah! Can't wait for this to come out! :D

Morgan said...

I can't wait for this one!!!! I love Karen's books!!

danicapage said...

I always love it when I find other people who like Christian fiction. My blog is split 70-30. 70% Christian fiction and 30% Young Adult fiction.

New follower. I also love this author.

Here's mine

~Danica Page
Taking it One Page at a Time

Post a Comment