Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Remnants: Season of Wonder by Lisa T. Bergren

About the Book
Our coming was foretold by the elders— Those who would change the future, just as the planet teetered on the edge of darkness.
Born on the prophesied day with birthmarks in the form of a crescent moon, they knew us immediately. Swaddled and screaming, we were spirited away by those who hid us, trained us, and kept us safe until our time came.
They poured their lives into us. Some died to save us.
And now we, the Remnants, protected by Knights of the Last Order, have gathered.
Called until we breathe our last … to save the world.

My Thoughts
I read this book about a year ago but I read it super fast during a read-a-thon and I'm kind of ashamed of the fact that I remembered next to nothing about the story. So when I received book two for review I knew that I had to reread this one before I could even think about diving into the next one.
This author has an amazing talent with words and I am always impressed by her writing. This book was no different, from the first sentence I was drawn in. The whole premise of the story was brilliant and the author did a fantastic job of creating a unique dystopian world that was carefully thought out down to the last detail.
All of the Ailith were very different from each other but exactly what they needed to be in order to carry out their roles. And despite their differences they all blended well and it was cool how they became their own family. I loved all of the characters especially Andriana and Ronan and even though it was forbidden I was still rooting for them to admit their feelings and can't help hoping they find away to make it work!
There was a plethora of action and moments that had me on the edge of my seat wondering how it would play out. In short this book was amazing and I can't believe I forgot it as quickly as I did, I won't  be making that mistake again!

Meet the Author
Lisa T. Bergren is Tim's wife, Olivia, Emma and Jack's mom, and an explorer of people, places and stories in many genres. She's written over 40 books and sold over 2.5 million of them, with the help of some good publishing people and readers like you. You can find more about her at www.LisaTawnBergren.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment