Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday Memes 2/19

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you have a favorite place to read? 

My Answer:
I'll read just about anywhere but one of my favorite spots to read is on the deck of the home I nanny at! In the warm months they have a lounge chair out and the deck which overlooks the river!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"There she is! The Statue of Liberty!"
The eager cry of a child caused a ripple of excitement among the crush of passengers as the steamship inched its way into the New York Harbor. Maggie Montgomery craned her neck to get her first glimpse of the famous landmark.
A Worthy Heart by Susan Anne Mason 

My Thoughts
Great beginning! You can feel the excitement!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love your reading spot. Looks wonderful.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Billy Burgess said...

That deck has a great view!

Maria said...

I like the beginning of this book - sounds good. Here's my Friday meme

Sportochick's Musings said...

I love your reading spot. There is something so peaceful about water. VISIT SPORTOCHICK’S MUSINGS ANSWER

Lulu @ the Book Rookery said...

Oh my gosh, so envious of that reading spot!

Literary Feline said...

Such a beautiful spot! I would love to read somewhere where I could overlook the water like that.

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-It's fantastic!

Billy-It does!

Maria-It was a fabulous read!

Teri-There is!

Lulu-Definitely one of the perks of my job!

Literary Feline-Yeah I love it!

Post a Comment