Friday, February 05, 2016

Friday Memes 2/5

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Does your significant other share your reading passion? 

My Answer:
I do not currently have a significant other but I hope when I do that he at least enjoys reading!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

The music played in the background while the charity's benefactors finished their dinner. A few danced, some chatted. Others looked slightly bored with the whole thing. 
But one person caught her eye.
Always Watching by Lynette Eason

My Thoughts
Since I'm familiar with this author's style this beginning had an ominous feel to me, though I'm sure at first glance it seems perfectly innocent! Great beginning though, I love the way it's written!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that he enjoys reading with you! :) It's always fun to share your joys with your so!

Bev Bouwer said...

This does sound good, thanks for sharing. Here's my Friday Book Frippery

Elizabeth said...

Mine doesn't read....I wish he did.

ENJOY your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Billy Burgess said...

Great answer! I'm a single bookworm too.

Literary Feline said...

I'd probably be one of the people off to the side looking slightly bored at an event like that. LOL I do like the opening, and it makes me curious to know more about the book you are reading.

Reading is such a big part of my life. I know lots of non-readers and readers hit it off, but I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone who didn't enjoy reading even a little.

Lauren Stoolfire said...

What a way to end that quote! Now I need to know more. :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

Abbi Hart said...

Punkiee V- :)

Bev-It was an enjoyable read!

Elizabeth-That's sad

Billy- :)

Literary Feline-I'm the same!

Lauren-Yeah!

Post a Comment