Friday, February 26, 2016

Friday Memes 2/26

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do your children, siblings, or other family members enjoy reading as much as you do? 

My Answer:
I don't have kids but I do have 8 siblings. My oldest sister used to be the biggest reader in the fam and was the one who fostered my love of reading. But she barely reads anymore and I've become the most avid reader of the group! One of my other sisters is almost as obsessed as I am and a few of them enjoy the occasional read. 


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Carrington felt as though she'd collided with a moving train. The room around her echoed with sweet laughter and flirtation. Handsome men softly led blushing young ladies around the dance floor while other girls looked on from corners, smiling with gleeful exuberance, all of them too consumed with their personal victories to notice the dread filling Carrington's face.
The Choosing by Rachelle Dekker

My Thoughts
Great beginning! That first sentence sucks you right in!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I like the word obsession...that describes me and my reading. :)

There are 8 kids in my family. :)

I am a reader, my son is, and my two sisters. Brothers do not read.

Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That opening makes me wonder what's causing such a feeling of dread. What could be so terrible about a dance? I'd keep reading to find out.
My Friday post features WATERCOLORS IN THE RAIN.

Maria said...

I like the beginning but wonder what's making her dread what's going on - very interesting beginning. Here's my Friday meme

Sportochick's Musings said...

I agree obsessive is me as well. Quite honestly I read books in one sitting. I can't read in small amounts :(
Sportochick’s Musings Blog Hop Answer

guiltlessreader said...

Sounds intense. INTENSE. I cant imagine colliding with anything, much less a train.
Here's mine: http://guiltlessreading.blogspot.ca/2016/02/friday56-bookbeginnings-zero-k.html

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That makes me want to read more!

Thanks for participating in BBOF!

Literary Feline said...

That is a great opening! I hope you are enjoying the book.

I don't know that I'm the most voracious reader in my family, but I know that I am the most passionate about books--at least in terms of wanting to talk about them all the time. :-)

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Quite the beginning! Really makes me want to know what's going on! :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-Haha yeah! Your family sounds fun!

Sandra-It's definitely intriguing!

Maria-Yup!

Teri-I love when I can do that but I tend to be rather busy and have to squeeze reading in in bursts.

guiltless reader-Haha yeah.

Gilion-I definitely recommend it!

Literary Feline-It was great!

Lauren-Yeah it had me hooked!

Post a Comment