Friday, January 26, 2018

The Bound Heart by Dawn Crandall

About the Book
One accidental kiss from Lawry Hampton. That was all it took to throw Meredyth Summercourt's world upside-down. Determined to marry the ever-elusive Vance Everstone, she simply doesn't have the time or the desire to fall for her best friend. But with Vance out of the country, and with Lawry at her side nearly every day, teaching her what the world is like through the eyes of a little orphan girl named Wynn--Meredyth can't deny that what's holding her to Vance is nothing more than a desire to redeem herself from her past. Will she marry Vance once he returns from Europe? Or will she be strong enough to break free from the tangled web she's convinced she deserves, and accept that God's plan for her life includes redemption...and, quite possibly, Lawry Hampton?

My Thoughts
After finishing The Hesitant Heiress I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one and read Meredyth and Lawry’s story! Thankfully my wait consisted of only the time I was a sleep and a bit of time at work until the girls I nanny went back to bed!
I loved both Lawry and Meredyth’s characters in the first book and there were definitely hints of something between them so I was very excited that their story was next.
Lawry was amazing and I couldn’t have loved his character more! I greatly admired his selflessness and heart for the unfortunate and his steady unconditional love of Meredyth even to the point of walking away when she made her choice had me melting into a puddle!
Meredyth had allowed something to take place years ago and the guilt continued to plague her leaving her believing there was only one way to redeem herself despite the fact that her heart wanted something else. I loved watching how Lawry’s love showed her God’s love until she realized where true freedom lies.
This book had my emotions all over the place, I was sighing, giggling, and squealing, but there were also moments where I swear my heart stopped for a beat and made breathing difficult! I won’t spoil anything but I will say there were surprises that I never saw coming!
And now that I’ve finished all of these books I think this may be my favorite if for no other reason than Lawry!

Meet the Author
Dawn Crandall is an ACFW Carol Award-nominated author of the award winning series The Everstone Chronicles, which consists of four books: The Hesitant Heiress, The Bound Heart, The Captive Imposter and The Cautious Maiden which released October 4th, 2016.
Apart from writing, Dawn is also a mom of two little ones and serves with her husband in a premarital mentorship program at their local church in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
A graduate of Taylor University with a degree in Christian Education and a former bookseller at Barnes & Noble, Dawn Crandall didn't begin writing until 2010 when her husband found out about her long-buried dream. It didn't take her long to realize that writing books was what she was made to do.
Dawn is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, the secretary for the Indiana ACFW Chapter (Hoosier Ink), and an associate member of the Great Lakes ACFW Chapter. She is represented by Joyce Hart of Hartline Literary Agency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment