Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Top Ten Books I'm Surprised I Read

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

#1. The Staff and the Sword series by Patrick W. Carr
I'm not really into fantasy and I like a heavy dose of romance in my books so I'm not sure why I read these books but I do remember that they were well written.

#2. Ted Dekker book
Honestly I can't even remember exactly which one it was but my sister made a deal with me to get me to read it-I was not a fan.

#3. Isle of Shadows and City of the Dead by T.L. Higley
These books aren't my normal genre but they weren't bad.

#4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I never enjoyed watch the movie adaptations of Austen's books so I'm not sure why I decided to read this one but I did, and yep wasn't overly impressed

#5. Stress Test and Heart Failure by Richard L. Mabry M.D.
Not sure why a person with a weak stomach decided to read medical thrillers but I did. They weren't awful but I didn't love them.

#6. Fetching Sweetness by Dana Mentink
I'm not a dog (or animal person) so I don't know what possessed me to request this for review but I did so I had to read it. It was okay.

#7. The Difference Between Night and Day by Melissa Turner Lee
Nothing about this book screamed me but I read it and it actually wasn't horrible.

#8. The Merciful Scar by Rebecca St. James and Nancy Rue
The topic this book focused on is one that makes me squeamish just thinking about it so not sure why I thought it was a good idea to read a whole book centered on it.

#9. Miracle in a Dry Season by Sarah Loudin Thomas
Another not-my-typical-book that I don't know why I decided to read.

#10. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
Still working through this one-not entirely sure why-lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment