Friday, May 25, 2018

Reading Habits Tag


I saw this tag on Rissi's blog Finding Wonderland and thought it would be fun to do here!

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?  | I typically read on my bed at home but I also love sitting on the big chair in my living room or on my hammock chair on the porch if the weather is nice!

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper? | Bookmark all the way! If for some reason I don't have one nearby I will use something random but then I replace it at the first chance I get!

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages? | I like to stop at the end of a chapter but honestly I can stop anywhere. I work with kids and a lot of my reading is done during naptimes so when they're up, they're up and reading time is over.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading? | Occasionally, but I don't make a habit of it. If I'm eating and reading it's usually when I'm reading on my Kindle.  I will often have sweet tea handy during a reading binge!

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading? | I'm a great multi-tasker so I usually have some music on while I'm reading. My current favorite music choice is a Google Play station called Peaceful Christian. It has a great selection of calm songs that make for the perfect background for reading. I also often read during commercial breaks when I'm watch TV.

6. One book at a time or several at once? | I do it both ways. Idealy I have a fiction read, a classic, a Christian Living, and some sort of educational book (usually history or Creation Science).

7. Reading at home or everywhere? | If I read just at home I'd never get any reading done. I nanny and then babysit most evenings so most of my reading is done during those times when the kids are sleeping.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head? | In my head. Reading out loud takes so much more time.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages? | I may accidentally see ahead a line on the next page but I don't ever read ahead on purpose.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new? | I am slightly paranoid about keeping books in like new condition. It was a magical day when I discovered book cozies that keep books wonderfully safe when I take them places.

11. Do you write in your books? | Never ever ever! This goes along with my paranoia about keeping my books pristine and I cring anytime I see someone write in their book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment