Friday, April 01, 2016

Friday Memes 4/1

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Have you ever ventured out of your comfort zone in terms of reading a genre you have never read? If so, did you get hooked on that new genre?

My Answer:
On occasion I read outside my comfort zone and my experiences have varied. Sometimes I enjoy the book, sometimes I don't. But I don't remember one ever getting me really hooked on a genre.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

She could have been more than she was. Rowena dug her toes into the cold sand, wrapped her wool-clad arms around her tweed-clad knees, and stared out into the clear, fathomless waters of Loch Morar.
The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White

My Thoughts
That first sentence! Really makes you pause and think about it!

6 comments:

Whitney said...

That was a fantastic first sentence, it was so descriptive and would love to know more.

Elizabeth said...

I usually do not venture out of my comfort zone, and I am sure I wouldn't get hooked. :)

Have a great weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Maria said...

Very good first sentence and something that probably most of us agree with quietly - here's my Friday meme

Sportochick's Musings said...

I have gotten hooked on some genre's but others totally turned me off.
Sportochick’s Musings Answer

Literary Feline said...

I really like that opening too!

I enjoy reading a variety of books over all, and I like exploring other types of books I might not have tried before. I am leary of reading certain topics, but even then I have no hard and fast rule against pushing my limits.

Abbi Hart said...

Whitney-Yeah I loved it!

Elizabeth- :)

Maria-Yup!

Teri-Same.

Literary Feline-It's good to keep an open mind!

Post a Comment