Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Memes 11/15

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you accept books for review only from publishers or do you accept book review requests from authors as well?

My Answer:
I have accepted a few book review requests from author. If the book sounds good then I want to read it regardless of where it comes from. Though I do have a bit of a problem with saying no so if I can't come up with a legitimate excuse not to review a book then I usually find myself agreeing.


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Tom was in heaven when the phone rang. At least, he thought it was heaven. He'd never been there before, and the look of the place surprised him. It wasn't what he was expecting at all.
Nightmare City by Andrew Klaven

My Thoughts
A typical Klaven beginning! Sucks you in and makes you wonder what the blimey is going on!

6 comments:

Vonnie said...

Ooh that's an intriguing beginning. Makes me wonder if he's dreaming or if he really is in heaven.

My post

Jaffareadstoo..... said...

Sounds an intriguing book beginning. Hope you enjoy it - happy reading !

http://jaffareadstoo.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/friday-book-beginnings_15.html

Elizabeth said...

It is difficult to turn down an author because you know they worked so hard on their book. If I can't help them I always give them other suggested places to find help, and they are appreciative.

I have cut down considerably with review requests, though. Not enough time in the day. :)

Happy Hopping!!

BTW…Stop by for a FUN giveaway too: GIVEAWAY

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

CarpeDiem said...

ooh; suspenseful right out of the gate!
Here is my BBOF:
http://library1baby.blogspot.com/2013/11/book-beginnings-world-in-six-songs.html
Have a great week!

RAnn said...

I turn down very few people. The only ones I turn down are those I have some sort of relationship with; the others don't even get a reply unless I want the book.

Melanie said...

I love the beginning to Nightmare City and plan on reading it soon!! I love his books! :)

Post a Comment