Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Memes 11/29

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you leave a link back to your blog when you participate in weekly memes?

My Answer:
Since almost all the ones I participate in have linkys I do leave my link and the one that doesn't I usually leave my link in the comments!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

(Since I haven't been able to read the past couple weeks I have already used the books I'm reading so my sister Becky shared her beginning and thoughts!)

My older sister, Paige, has always been a fashion freak. When we were little, she actually forced me to play Barbies with her. Of course, she'd get mad when I'd transform my doll into "Adventure Barbie." My scrappy doll with her messy hair liked to jump out of burning buildings, rescue lost dogs, and do bareback rides on my model horse, Prancer. But like most girls, Paige only wanted to dress her flawless every-hair-in-place blonde Barbie in one outfit after the next as she played "style show." I should've  known Paige might attempt to turn her fashion fetish into a career someday, but who knew it would happen so soon? Or that she would drag me along for the ride?
Premiere by Melody Carlson

Becky's Thoughts
Intriguing. When I first picked the book up I didn't have much time and only planned on reading the first sentence. In one paragraph Melody tells you exactly who Erin is (laid back, witty, and in possession of a good sense of humor), what her relationship with her sister was like, and where the story's headed. It pulled me in and kept me reading.

3 comments:

Vonnie said...

Tell your sister that that's an interesting beginning. Good thing the character's fascination to fashion worked out the best for her.

My post

Elizabeth said...

Interesting!!

THANKS for sharing.

I always leave a link back to my blog. :)

Enjoy your weekend.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Vicki said...

I'm seeing lots of the same answer for BBH!
I was never a girly girl. I was more like Paige's sister!
Here's My BBH Post

Post a Comment