Thursday, November 07, 2013

Friday Memes 11/8

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you post your book reviews as soon as you have completed the book or do you wait a few days?

My Answer:
It varies. Sometimes I write them as soon as I finish the book, sometimes it's later that day, week, month, or year! Depends on my  mood, my feelings about the book, or when the review is due!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Prologue
April 9, 2003 Baghdad, Iraq
The ground rattled. Dust plumed and pushed aside the curtain, unveiling the specter of war that raged  beyond. The bridge...The American Marines had already taken the bridge. The airport.
Beowulf by Ronie Kendig

My Thoughts
Great beginning! I really want to keep reading!

7 comments:

kipha said...

I like your answer. It's right down to the point and much more simpler put than mine. And I do the same. :)

Billy Burgess said...

I like your answer!

Elizabeth said...

Great answer.

We all have different methods. My method is to write as I go along and edit the final copy.

THANKS for sharing what you do.

Happy Hopping!!
Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

The Fiction Fairy said...

New GFC follower! I also post reviews at various times! I think sometimes I get down because you spend all that time writing a review and then no one comments...it tends to take a lot out of a person :)

Elizabeth said...

I didn't comment on your Book Beginning. THANKS for sharing. The book sounds good.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

Rather interesting. I've not heard anything about Beowulf so looking forward to more.

michie scott said...

I usually write a review a day after I finished reading.old follower
hope you can visit my Book Blogger Hop

Post a Comment