Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #88: Love Comes Calling

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Love Comes Calling by Siri Mitchell
Bethany House-February 25, 2014

About the Book
Ellis Eaton has always felt she's been a disappointment to her stuffy, traditional Boston family. Her sights are set on something entirely different: Hollywood. Though she's captured the eye of Griffin Phillips, she knows that "dutiful wife" is one role she can't picture herself playing--even if he makes her head spin and her heart quicken. Besides, Ellis seems to make a mess of any situation, despite her good intentions. She's simply not worthy of an up-and-comer like Griff.

When a look-alike childhood friend begs Ellis for a favor, Ellis finds herself working shifts at the city telephone exchange. At first Ellis believes this will be the acting practice she needs to prepare for life in the movies, but the job is far more complicated than she'd ever imagined, and Ellis finds herself in her usual scrapes. After accidentally overhearing a call that makes her blood curdle, Ellis fears for Griff's safety. Then handsome policeman Jack Flanagan comes to the scene, adding to the mayhem. With her job on the line and her heart all a-muddle, Ellis unexpectedly discovers what might be her role of a lifetime.

Why I Want It
 I have enjoyed the few books I've read of Siri Mitchell's and this story sounds like such fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds pretty compelling. It's definitely something I'd read, so thanks for sharing! :)

Here's my WOW

Unknown said...

This one sounds really good and worth picking up. Great choice!

My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

Alison Can Read said...

What a gorgeous cover! This looks like a fun book.
My WOW

Anonymous said...

Ok this sounds too cute! I'm not the biggest fan of the cover, but the premise sounds fun and retro. It kind of sounds set in the 20s or 30s.

Courtney Ballinger said...

Thanks for following my blog! I'm looking forward to this book too :)

Siri Mitchell said...

I'm working on the final proofs for this book this week. I loved writing this one. Hope you enjoy it!

Post a Comment