Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Memes 1/14

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What is the most creative thing you have ever done with a book?

My Answer:
I honestly can't think of anything! I'm very careful with my books so I don't really get "creative" with them. The most "creative" thing I've done while reading is probably crocheting!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Caroline Lane slapped the thick packet of meticulously handwritten notes onto the center of Noble's leather desk blotter and then flopped into the nearest chair.
Echoes of Mercy by Kim Vogel Sawyer
  My Thoughts
Your average beginning that does raise some questions. It didn't suck me in but I am intrigued to find out more!

10 comments:

Juli Rahel said...

I agree, it's not incredibly attention catching, but there is definitely something there that could be good. It also makes me want to write meticulously handwritten notes xD
Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have an amazing weekend!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Abbi Hart said...

Juli-Haha yeah it does make me wish I wrote meticulously handwritten notes too! Have a great weekend!

Alysia said...

You can read and crochet at the same time. No way! That is so cool.

Unknown said...

I always have a hard time making something with a book or book pages, because it generally means I have to destroy them... but thankfully with the few creative things I've done, you can't really tell (:
Tina @ Pages of Comfort
My Blogger Hop

JC Jones said...

I can only read when I read. Good for you doing two things at once. Here is my post: Mixed Book Bag

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I like to crochet, and I'm amazed that you can read and crochet at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking!
Here's the link to my Friday post: WEB OF TYRANNY.

Jazz R.J. said...

I've never been able to crochet and read at the same time. I can only crochet and watch TV. I admire your talent. Have a great weekend. Blessings!

Abbi Hart said...

Alysia-Yeah it's kinda fun and it lets me get more done at once!

Tina-Yeah I have a hard time justifying destroying a book even if it is to create something else!

JC-Thanks!

Sandra-Haha yeah I like to get the most out of my time! I don't do it often but if I have a book due for review and a crochet project I need to finish then I'll do them both!

Jazz-It's not the hard especially if you are reading on an ereader and crocheting a repetitive pattern!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

That beginning sucks me in because I want to know what's on the notes.Thanks for sharing this one with BBOF!

Abbi Hart said...

Gillion-It would serve to make one curious!

Post a Comment