Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday Memes 3/21

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What is your favorite weekly meme?

My Answer:
Top Ten Tuesday. I love all the fun topics!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

"If this is what a London season is, I'd say it's a silly waste of time." Jessamine Barry folded her arms in front of her, frowning at the hordes of people milling past her in the Grecian-style drawing room, their edges slightly blurred since she was forbidden to wear her spectacles in society.
A Heart's Rebellion by Ruth Axtell

My Thoughts
This was a well done beginning, slightly humorous and really informative!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I haven't visited Top Ten Tuesday for a while. I need to stop by.

My favorite is the Book Blogger Hop. Stop by to see why. :)

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Juli Rahel said...

You definitely learn a lot about Jessamine from this beginning, love her name btw. I wonder why she's not allowed to wear her glasses though! Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a great weekend!
My Friday post
Juli @ Universe in Words

gautami tripathy said...

I like historical romances!

Here is my Book Beginning post!

JC Jones said...

I like that beginning too. Great choice. Here is my post. Mixed Book Bag

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like "boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses!" Love the beginning. I would definitely keep reading to find out more about this young woman.
My Friday excerpts are from a short story this week: INTERCEPTION.

Abbi Hart said...

Elizabeth-I enjoy the BBH too!

Juli-It is a very pretty name!

gautami-Yeah that's on of my favorite genres!

JC-Thanks!

Sandra-It is a bit intriguing!

Alysia said...

Nice beginning. What time period is the book set in?

Abbi Hart said...

Alysia-It is set in 1814 London!

Post a Comment