Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

#1. Have a library-A room in my house solely for books, with wall to wall bookcases and lots of comfy places to read!
#2. Meet Julie Lessman-I have loved getting to know her through blog posts and emails and I would absolutely love to meet her in person!
#3. Meet Melissa Tagg-Another author I have enjoyed getting to know a bit and would love to meet in person!
#4. Have a character named after me-I have always thought this would be the coolest thing and it's actually most likely happening rather soon!
#5. Get all of my favorite author's signatures in one of their books-Sadly this is a long list and I probably won't get them all but still...
#6. Attend ACFW-I'm not a writer but it would be an awesome chance to meet so many of my favorite authors!
#7. Meet Susan May Warren-She was my absolute favorite author for quite awhile and while others have come to join her I still love her books and think it would be cool to meet her!
#8. Read every book I own-This is a kind of never ending goal, since I will always be getting more books but I met it for a couple days last year and I'm going to keep at it!
#9. Meet my blogging friends in person-There are so many awesome people that I have met through the blogging world and I would love to meet them face to face!
#10. Be asked to endorse a book-This one I doubt will happen but it would be really cool if it did! 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a personal library too. :) I love how many authors you want to meet. It's nifty to see you wanting to connect with them. #5 would be really fun to try to accomplish as well.


My TTT

Abbi Hart said...

raindropsandpages-I think a personal library is every book-lover's dream! Yeah I really want to meet my favorite authors and get to know the person behind the books!

Divergent Gryffindor said...

YES to having a library! Oh, and having a character named after me? I want that on my list too! YES for 5,8,9 and 10 too! Great list :)

TTT: Bookish Bucket List
Dress Up That Cover #1 - If I Stay

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a character in a book named after you??? SOOOOO cool!!!

I love how this is a Top 10 Tuesday! You may also want to link up to the original Bookish Bucket List, too!

Abbi Hart said...

Divergent Gryffinder-Haha yeah having a library would be one of the awesomest things ever! Thanks for stopping by!

Rebecca-It isn't 100% happening but there is a REALLY good chance and I'm super excited!

Unknown said...

I love your list. YES to # 1, that is awesome! I have # 9 in my list as well. I would love to read every book I own too. Good luck w/ your list.
Here's my TTT

Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

Abbi Hart said...

Daisel-Thank you!

Kate said...

# 1,6,9, and 10 are all fantastic! Attending the conference would be so much fun.
I feel you on #8. It's a great goal!
And the authors you listed, they would be fantastic to meet!
#4, I hope you get to have that! I had a character named after me once, it's so much fun to open up a book a know that, that character is you. :-)

Abbi Hart said...

Kate-Thanks! Yeah I get jealous every year when I see the list of amazing people that are going to be there! Someday...! And I think #4 would be pretty much the coolest thing ever! It's almost definitely happening and I can't wait! So cool that you have one named after you! What book?

Rina's Reading said...

Now why am I not surprised at #2, 3, & 7? ;-) Last year three classes skyped with Anne Elisabeth Stengl and in the thank you notes I had the kids write, two kids asked that she use their friend's name in her books. Two characters who appear once each bear the name of two students here. :-) Being in middle school they're a bit more embarrassed than excited.
I agree with you on #9!

Abbi Hart said...

Rina-Haha! I do tend to rave about them a lot, don't I?! That's cool about your students having characters named after them, though I can see how it'd be a little embarrassing in MS!

Gail said...

Found you from the Broke and Bookish site. I can't believe the numbers of books you two read in one year! Amazing! Very lofty goals as well.
Gail at Making Life An Art

Abbi Hart said...

Gail-Thanks for coming by! Yeah I like to read and end up reading quite a few books each year!

Kate said...

When it happens let me know! I want to check it out! The book is The Next Roundup by Stephen Bly. I've been apart of the Bly discussion group for a long time and for his last book in the series, he used all the members names for characters.

Abbi Hart said...

Kate-I will! I'll probably blog about it! That's cool how he used everyone's names!

Post a Comment