Tuesday, August 01, 2017

His Steadfast Love by Julie Lessman

About the Book
She’s bent on fun.
He’s bent on faith.
Till true love bridges the gap.
Cat O’Bryen is the prodigal daughter unhappy with God. First, the father with whom she reconciled dies of cancer and now her twin sister and best friend marries, leaving Cat at home with a newlywed mother, her new husband, and a little brother. But when Cat moves in with a roommate of questionable morals, her family is worried, certain she’s on a path that could damage her faith forever.
Reluctant to get involved with a woman like the one who destroyed his life, ex-Navy SEAL Pastor Chase Griffin steers clear of the attraction he feels for Cat O’Bryen. Until her family begs him to take her under his wing, hoping he can draw her back into the fold. But when the draw she has on him proves too strong to resist, he must rely on the strength of God to offer a friendship as steady and strong as the God whose love is wooing her home.

My Thoughts
I have so many emotions and feelings going through me right now after finishing this book that I don't know where to begin or even if I can put them into words!
By now most people know of my love for anything Julie Lessman writes (I even loved her writing how-to book and I'm not even remotely a writer) so it's pretty much a given that I will be deliriously happy and gushing non-stop when I read one of her novels. So brace yourself!
I think this may be my favorite of this series! Cat and Chase have been coming since book one and I just knew their relationship was going to make an epic story. Of course I wasn't wrong about that! I literally hated putting this book down and was always trying to squeeze in reading time even if I could only read a few pages. I was completely and totally lost in the story, feeling every emotion as if it were my own, and often breathless as I turned page after page to find out more.
And now I have to talk about Chase Griffin because I just can't hold back anymore, HE WAS AMAZING! I greatly admired his fierce, strong, and close relationship with God and the way that every aspect in his life was funneled through that without him ever seeming like a holier than thou know it all. He was an everyday guy who was just completely on fire for God. And as if that wasn't attractive enough (along with his extremely good looks) he was also humble and selfless, always taking care of everyone he met. And the way he was with Cat was enough to melt anyone into a puddle. Always being there for her when she needed it, encouraging her but calling her out when necessary, and constantly showing her God's love with his actions as well as his words. He stepped up time and again even when it was painful for him. Gah! Can you tell I liked this guy a lot?!
As for Cat, my heart broke for her. I can't imagine going through life feeling like you weren't good enough in the eyes of the people you loved, constantly feeling compared and found lacking. And then to feel abandoned over and over, it was no surprise that she turned from God and even her family to a degree. Honestly I want to cry over the pain she must have felt. She had so many things to work through and I loved seeing Chase make his way through her walls to help her find healing in the arms of God.
Chase and Cat were made for each other, as anyone with eyes could see, but they had a hard road to walk before they could be together and while some steps were painful every part of it had its purpose to weave together their beautiful relationship.
I of course loved catching up with all the couples from the other books, Tess and Ben, Jack and Lacey, Shannon and Sam, and watching them all interact as a family.
I think one of my favorite things about this book was the way God's love was woven into every page. And this book drew me closer to God in a way that no work of fiction has before. It hit something inside me and I several times stopped reading because I just felt a burning desire to spend time with God in those moments. It was truly amazing.
Well I could go on for days but I think you get the idea that I adored every second of this book and if you haven't read a Julie Lessman novel yet then you need to get yourself one and dive in! Then come talk to me about it because there are few things I like more than discussing my favorite books!

Meet the Author
Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of “Passion With a Purpose” not only underscores her intense passion for God and romance, but her staunch advocacy for sexual purity before marriage as well. A lover of all things Irish, she enjoys reading what she writes -- close-knit Irish family sagas as well as both historical and contemporary religious and inspirational romance for the sweet and Christian markets.
Author of The Daughters of Boston, Winds of Change, and Heart of San Francisco series with Revell Publishing, Julie was named American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Author of the Year and has garnered 17 Romance Writers of America and other awards. She has also written a self-help workbook for writers entitled Romance-ology 101: Writing Romantic Tension for the Sweet and Inspirational Markets.
You can contact Julie and read excerpts from her books at www.julielessman.com, or through Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, or Pinterest, as well as sign up for her newsletter. Check out Julie’s group blog, The Seekers, Writers Digest 2013, 2014, and 2015 “Best 101 Websites for Writers,” and Julie’s own personal blog, Journal Jots, voted blog of the month in the Readers’ Choice poll of Book Fun Magazine.

I received an ebook copy of this book free from the author in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment