Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday Memes 5/15

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
If you see a book you like but see it is 400 or 500+ pages, will you still read it? 

My Answer:
Yup! I'm a pretty fast reader so page count doesn't scare me!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

It wasn't the homecoming of her dreams. When she'd pictured this moment, Marisa St. George had imagined herself riding in a shiny new Lexus. She'd be wearing a designer dress and sporting an impressive diamond on her left hand, while her tall, dark, and handsome husband smiled at her like she was the most beautiful woman in the world. 
In Firefly Valley by Amanda Cabot

My Thoughts
Sounds like a pretty nice dream and I'm interested to see what happened to prevent it from coming true!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh…might participate in the Book Beginnings Friday in the future, your sentence has intrigued me :D

My Book Blogger Hops

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Sounds like her reality hasn't lived up to her dreams. I'm wondering if she's on her way to a high school reunion or just going back to her hometown. Now I'm curious!
My Friday post features DANCING AT THE RASCAL FAIR.

Elizabeth said...

Great on being a fast reader.

I just don't like big books unless it is something I really like.

ENJOY your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Angelica-It's a fun meme!

Sandra-Glad it intrigued you!

Elizabeth-Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm also a fast reader. Especially if its something I've waited for :)

BookBloggerHop@EverythingNyze

Abbi Hart said...

Nyze-Yeah when it's a highly anticipated book I can barely put it down!

Post a Comment