Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Memes 5/29

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Can you read in a room with noise or do you have to have total quiet? 

My Answer:
Growing up with 8 siblings quiet wasn't easy to find so I quickly learned to block out noise and focus on my book! I do prefer reading when it's quiet but it's not necessary!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

A distant flash of lightning crisscrossed the darkening skies of the west, followed by the call of a nearby loon. "I don't think you should set out." Caroline Taylor clutched her shawl tighter against the cool gust that wrestled with it. "The storm's coming fast."
Hearts Made Whole by Jody Hedlund

My Thoughts
I love the wording used and it definitely makes you want to find out what happens next!

4 comments:

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

When I was younger, I could read anywhere. I'm one of seven myself. But now that I am older, I need it to be quiet. What book is yours from? You can find mine here... http://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/

Juli Rahel said...

I'd say I'm pretty good at blocking out noise as well, it's very necessary! I love lightning and storms myself, it's one of my favourite types of weather! Not quite sure this is one for me although I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have  great weekend!
My Friday Meme
Juli @ Universe in Words

Unknown said...

I do most of my reading at work, and it's always loud. I can concentrate on books when I block out the noise. :D

Thanks for sharing! Here's my Friday Memes

Abbi Hart said...

Lisa-I hope that doesn't happen to me but I'm sure it will! The sentence was from Jody Hedlund's newest book!

Juli-Haha yeah it can be at times! Storms are pretty fun to watch though I'd say the wind is my favorite part!

Shannah-Good for you!

Post a Comment