Thursday, November 30, 2006

Look at the Snow - Landon That Is

Here's another quick post on Landon Snow and the Island of Arcanum by R. K. Mortenson. (Another quick post? When is she going to stop fooling around and post something lengthy? Well, probably January. With finishing up reviews, articles, and a critique - just about done, Valerie! - plus the holiday rush of cookies and gifts I've not even started, and a job where I can be called at any moment and asked to send out 100+ emails or something, plus starting Waterfall Books, church, rearranging the house, and about a dozen other things, blogging is taking a backseat. But at least it's not in the trunk or lying dead by the side of the road.)

Anyhow, though I haven't read Island, three specific things make me want to. First, I've read the first title in the series, Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle. Second, Randy was a Navy chaplain for many years, and the book is dedicated to the men and women serving in the Navy and Marine Corps (one of which is a friend of mine). Third, this novel is an ode to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - also written by a guy who uses initials in his pen name. If you're not aware how much I love the Narnia books, you haven't been reading this blog for long. Even my email reflects this - The Lone Islands at yahoo.com.

(Side note on using initials - it's classy, though the initials K.L. look a little too much like "kill" for my comfort. But it drives me crazy if I can't figure out the gender of the initialed writer from the context. CJ - I couldn't find anything that indicated one or the other until you started Title Trakk!)

By the way, Randy has a short story about Landon Snow published in the December issue of the well-known Clubhouse magazine. Read it online here!

Hey - you got your wish! This is actually somewhat long, if only because I like to ramble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment