Friday, November 02, 2012

Book Blogger Hop: TBR Guilt

Book Blogger Hop
Hosted this week by The Fake Steph

This Week's Question:
Is there a book that has been languishing on your TBR pile even though you spent months anticipating its release?

My Answer:
Yes. I actually have three. The first is Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson. I have loved her books and reread them many times so I was super excited when I found out she was finally writing a new book-it had been years since her last one-I even pre-ordered it. Then I started reading reviews and almost everyone agreed that it was not up to par with her previous novels. So it is sitting on my shelf waiting. Partly due to lack of time and partly due to fear of not liking it.
The second is With Every Letter by Sarah Sundin. I wanted to read this book as soon as I read the description and was super excited when I won it, but I just have had to many books I HAVE to read that I haven't gotten around to it.
And the Third is Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon. I have loved all of her books including the first book in this series so I couldn't wait to read book two. But I didn't end up buying it for awhile and once I did I was busy with other books. I will be reading it this month though!

7 comments:

Vonnie said...

Gosh, reviews can really affect on how fast we'll get to reading a book. Right now I am hesitating in buying The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling because of the reviews. Eventually I'll get it.

My Hops

fakesteph said...

I know what you mean!! I'm calling November and December Read What I Want Months and I'm PSYCHED. I have 2 books that I have to read and I'm not going to commit to any more!

Elizabeth said...

I want to read WITH EVERY LETTER also.

Vonnie....I am hearing a lot of negative reviews.

Everyone have a fun hop.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/book-blogger-hop-112-118.html

writingsofrosie said...

I personally didn't really enjoy Full Disclosure. :-/ But I love the other two books on your list!

Sus said...

Hi! Hopping through and just have to say that I have the same problem - I read a bunch of bad reviews and now I don't want to read my book. Totally doing the "head in the sand" routine. :)

Great entry!
Book Reviews by Sus
susreviews.blogspot.com

joyh82 said...

Just got this one in at the library on CD..
Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson. Can't wait to listen to it.

Jenn said...

Oh, I love Dee Henderson! I've been meaning to read that book too. Thanks for adding another book to my to-read pile. ;)

Good luck with your to-read pile. It can get really overwhelming, all these books calling your name. :)

Post a Comment