Friday, October 03, 2014

Friday Memes 10/3

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
 Where is the creepiest place you have read a book at?

My Answer:
I can't really think of any creepy places that I've read a book! I tend to read mostly in my room, the car, or around my house. I have read in our garage but that's not really that creepy!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

My name is Claire and I used to be nice. In fact, nice was the all-purpose description of my life: nice girl has nice boyfriend, nice job, nice house, and nice car.
So what happened?
Kissing Adrien by Siri Mitchell

My Thoughts
Definitely makes you want to figure out what happened!

8 comments:

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Abbi,

I had to check out the synopsis for this book, just to satisfy my own curiosity, as I really wanted to get some idea of how old Claire is.

Having decided that this probably isn't a book I would choose off the shelf, I can still appreciate these first words, which taken on their own, would definitely leave me needing to know more about exactly why Claire doesn't deem herself 'nice' any more.

I hope you are enjoying (enjoyed) the story and thanks for sharing.

Yvonne

Katherine P said...

The beginning sounds interesting. I wonder what made her decide she wasn't nice anymore.

Anonymous said...

I just found a new book by Siri that I didn't hear about before because of you! :D Thank you! I'm so curious as about it!

JC Jones said...

Siri must not have been nice!!

Tea said...

Yup, I would like to know what happened. Interesting.

Elizabeth said...

I don't read creepy so I don't really have any scary places to read. :)

I did mention a creepy place in my answer, though.

ENJOY your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I'm wondering if Claire is happier (or not) now that she isn't nice anymore. "Nice" is such a bland word. Now I'm curious about this book.
Here's the link to my Friday post: House Rules.

Abbi Hart said...

Yvonne-It's interesting so far!

Katherine-I'm curious too!

Laura-It's one of her early books! My sister has had it for years!

JC-Haha

Topazshell- :)

Elizabeth-I feel the same!

Sandra-Glad I could peak your interest!

Post a Comment