Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Memes 1/22

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Can you recall a time in your life when you were not reading? 

My Answer:
I remember when I was really little, I would take chapter books and run my fingers across the words, pretending to read them. I would even take books in the car with me! So I suppose the answer to the questions is yes I remember a time when I wasn't reading but I don't remember a time when I haven't wanted to be reading!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Quiet, she had to be quiet. It was the darkest hour of the night. She had a while before the sun came up and Mother would start fussing at her, needing a cool cloth for her fevered brow. Then Carrie would need to cook breakfast. With one maid coming in weekly, all the daily chores fell to her.
Runaway Bride by Mary Conneally
(From the novella collection With This Ring?)

My Thoughts
I immediately wondered what she was doing that needed to be done quietly and at night.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE reading in the car! It was always what I did on road trips when I was little! When we go on them now, I take my kindle and I pull it out whenever my husband takes over driving!

Kym said...

That's a sweet memory. I started learning to read when I was very young so from my earliest memories I loved books.

Juli Rahel said...

I can also remember not reading but being read to by my father, it's one of my favourite childhood memories. So like you, books and reading were always a part of my life, even when I wasn't doing it actively myself xD And I'm definitely intrigued at your main character's nightly wanderings as well! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you have a great week!
My Friday Post
Juli @ Universe in Words

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Although I don't specifically remember a time when I wasn't reading, I do remember the first time I was captivated by a story. I was home from school, sick with a cold, and my mother gave me MIMI AT CAMP (The Adventures of a Tomboy) to keep me occupied. From then on, I was hooked! Thank you for inspiring that memory.
Runaway Bride sounds like a story I'd enjoy.
My Friday post features THE LIGHT OF HIDDEN FLOWERS.

The Truth About Books said...

I started reading when I was about 10 yrs old. Don't remember the first book but I know I read every Nancy Drew book and the Hardy Boys at the time.

Theresa
The Truth About Books
My Answer Here

Maria said...

I can remember not reading for fun when I was in college and a bit after that but other than that I can't remember a period of time when I wasn't reading something or other...lol...Good book beginning...here's my Friday meme

Elizabeth said...

Cute story and explanation...I like it.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Punkiee-We lived in the country so I always had at least 20 mins of reading time both ways anytime we went anywhere!

Kym-I loved books!

Juli-That's sweet!

Sandra-That's so cool!

Theresa-Those are fun!

Maria-It's the best!

Elizabeth-Thanks!

Post a Comment