Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Memes 2/12

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Are you able to read in the car? 

My Answer:
I go back and forth. Growing up I had no trouble reading in the car then in my late teens I started getting car sick on occasion. But it's hit or miss!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Fog wafted over the silent hilltop, dancing in eerie waves amidst the centuries-old trees, the weathered trunks the sole markers of the lost graves littering the grounds surrounding them.
Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey

My Thoughts
Love the imagery of this beginning! 

11 comments:

Debbie said...

It is a great first sentence! And I am lucky as I can read in the car. Have a great weekend.

The Truth About Books said...

I never get to read in the car.

The first sentence of you book sounds awesome. That would make me want to read more.

Theresa
The Truth About Books
My Answer Here

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful description in the opening scene. The author sets a somber mood too.
My Friday post features THE HURRICANE SISTERS.

Elizabeth said...

I am pretty good for the most part. I do better in the front seat than in the back.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Elizabeth said...

What beautiful description!!

Thanks for sharing, and ENJOY your book and your weekend.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Unknown said...

First sentence sounds pretty awesome!

Similarly I have difficulty reading in the car as I almost always get carsick now :(

Luckily, I have my kindle with me most of the time and for whatever reason, I CAN read on a kindle without getting sick! Woo!

Have a great weekend :)

Maria said...

Very good first sentence - my mom and I are both big fans of romantic suspense and I know she will want to read this one - great choice - I can give it to her for Valentine's Day:) Here's my Friday meme

Literary Feline said...

I have never had any problems with car sickness, fortunately.

I like the first sentence you shared. Dani Pettrey is a new to me author. I will have to look for Cold Shot.

Have a great week!

Sportochick's Musings said...

I am fortunate that I get less car sick as I grow up.

MY BLOG SPORTOCHICK’S MUSINGS ANSWER

Lauren Stoolfire said...

That's an atmospheric description. :)

Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my current giveaway.

Abbi Hart said...

Debbie-It's a great luxury to read in the car, one that I took for granted!

Theresa-Yeah I don't have many opportunities for it anymore!

Sandra-I love the way she writes!

Elizabeth- :)

Just Jitty-That's great that you can use your kindle!

Maria-It's amazing!

Literary Feline-Lucky! Dani is absolutely amazing!

Teri-That is nice!

Lauren-Yes it is!

Post a Comment