Friday, August 22, 2014

Bout of Books 11: Day 4 Update & Day 5 Challenges

Bout of Books
Books I Read Today:
Revolutionary by Krista McGee (298 pages)
Dualed by Elsie Chapman (102 pages)
Books I Finished Today:
Revolutionary by Krista McGee
Pages Read Today: 400
Total Books Finished: 6 (4 novels 2 novellas)
Total Pages Read: 1,512

My Thoughts About Today
Not quite as much as I was hoping but nothing to sneeze at either! I ended up watching an episode of a show and a movie with my sis which took up a chunk of my day, though it was fun enough that I didn't mind!

 Recreate a Cover Challenge
Hosted by: Spines and Covers

"For this challenge, all you have to do is directly link to a cover that you have recreated.  Any genre or book can be used. Also, remember, it isn’t about being an artist. It is about creativity and FUN!!!"

I am horribly uncreative and the best I could think of was to remove the guy in the background of one of my favorite covers since I think he kinda ruins it!

The Original

My Version


Book Chain Challenge

"You must link four books by using the last word of the previous title to the first word of the next one. To start, pick a book (ANY book; your choice!) and start linking! A, An, and The don't count, so if your book starts with one of those, just use the next word. To make this challenge tougher, you can decide to only use books you've read within the last twelve months - but that's not a requirement."

The Pelican Bride by Beth White
The Bride Wore Blue by Mona Hodgeson
Blue Moon Promise by Colleen Coble
A Promise to Love by Serena B. Miller

3 comments:

Rissi said...

Congrats. Sounds as if despite having some fun time thrown in, you've made great progress - keep it up. :)

Julie @ Smiling Shelves said...

The book chain challenge was hard! I spent a lot of time going over and over my bookshelves trying to find something that worked. I rediscovered a lot of books I forgot I had that way, so I guess that's a good thing. :) Good job with your reading this week. That's a lot of pages! Enjoy your weekend!

Abbi Hart said...

Kat-It was a bit hard at first but then it suddenly clicked!

Rissi-Thanks!

Julie-That is a bonus! I had a bit of trouble at first too! Thanks!

Post a Comment