Friday, August 01, 2014

Friday Memes 8/1

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
 How many bookcases do you have, and how do you organize the shelves?

My Answer:
I have five bookcases and two shelves on another that I share with my sister. I organize the shelves alphabetically by author with the exception of non-fiction, classics, novella collections, and Love Inspired books. They all have their own places!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Sometimes, no matter how independent and self-assured a young lady believes herself to be, certain situations demand a good dose of screaming. 
A Match of Wits by Jen Turano

My Thoughts
Loved this! Such a perfect beginning to Jen's newest novel! And knowing the main character like I do this sentence immediately brought a smile to my face (one that didn't leave for the next 35 minutes as I read the first 75 pages in one sitting!)

10 comments:

Beck Valley Books said...

We organise by genre and then alphabetically, my hubbie is obsessed with it, he even puts the same author in series order.

Katherine P said...

I'm not nearly as organized! Impressive! Love the beginning. There are definitely situations that require a good does of screaming!

JC Jones said...

I have to agree. Screaming is sometimes called for.

Teresa said...

Everything starts out organised but I'm sure imps invade the house at night and rearrange everything so a major reorganisation has to happen a couple of times a year.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That's a terrific opening. I'm wondering what that young lady is screaming about!
Here's the link to my Friday post: A COLLIE RESCUE.

Tea said...

I love that beginning too.

Anonymous said...

I loved that beginning, am going to add it to my goodreads quotes :D

My BB & 56

Michelle said...

I've just recently began organizing by authors last name. Not sure how it's going to work.
I posted my answers here: http://newhorizonreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/friday-book-hop-1.html

Elizabeth said...

A lot of folks organize by author.

I organize by read, not read, etc.

Enjoy your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Abbi Hart said...

Sharon-I like to put author's in series order too but sometimes I have to mix it up!

Katherine-I'm pretty obsessed about my books and their organization!

JC-Yes it is!

Teresa-I completely understand that!

Sandra-It is terrific!

Tea- :)

Fiza-It is a great line isn't it?!

Michelle-That's how I do it and it works rather well!

Elizabeth-I have thought about having a shelf of just books I haven't read but I like having them where they belong more!

Post a Comment