Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Memes 8/15

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
What is your favorite electronic device to use to add posts and content to your blog? Example: Your phone, your computer, your iPad, or another device?

My Answer:
Definitely my computer! I hate to do them on any other device unless I absolutely have to! I


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

Elinor Louise Ballantyne is an agreeable young lady with a fortune upward of twenty thousand pounds...
Nearly wincing at the words, Ellie fisted the latest bulletin from the Matrimonial Society of Philadelphia, hiding the paper beneath the generous folds of her pelisse.
Love's Awakening by Laura Frantz

My Thoughts
Great beginning! 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I prefer to use my computer to add posts on my blog, too!
The beginning of "Love's Awakening" sounds really interesting, it's making me want to read the book!
My Friday post: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/08/book-beginning-and-friday-56-15082014.html

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

It reminds me a little of Pride and Prejudice's opening line "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."
Anne's Friday Memes

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That opening sentence definitely makes me want to know more about Elinor. Did matrimonial societies really exist? Did they actually publish details about eligible ladies' fortunes? I'm curious.
Here's the link to my Friday post: MADE FOR TWO.

Unknown said...

I rely on my computer too; I can't use electronic devices. Great beginning too!

Sparrow’s BB & Friday 56

Katherine P said...

I agree about the computer. Doing anything more complicated than straight typing drives me nuts on my phone or tablet and I don't really like to do that even!
I like the intro. It's a good setup and I'd like to know where it's going.

Elizabeth said...

My computer is what I use the most. Too difficult on the other devices.

Is that an advertisement for the "courting" of the young lady? Sounds interesting.

Happy Weekend.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Abbi Hart said...

Sofia-It's the best way! Love's Awakening was amazing and I highly recommend it!

Anne-Yeah it does!

Sandra-As far as I know they did exist but now I kinda want to look it up and know more!

Claudia-The only time I use electronic devices for my posts is when I want to add a pic that is already on my phone!

Katherine-Yeah it can be a bit frustrating!

Elizabeth-I agree and yes they published a list of the eligible females and their monetary worth.

Post a Comment