Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday Memes 11/21

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Do you have any advice for new bloggers?

My Answer:
Don't be afraid to give your true opinion! I used to be really scared of writing reviews for books I didn't like but as time went on I realized that people wanted my thoughts so I gave them-in the nicest way possible though! There is no reason to be mean!


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

The blast of a gunshot awoke Emma Chambers. But it was the whiz of a musket ball over her head and its ping against a metal beam that brought her out of her sweet dreams.
Love Unexpected by Jody Hedlund

My Thoughts
This beginning certainly sucks you in!

10 comments:

Mo_books said...

I absolutely agree with you about giving your actual opinion. I dont like hurting someone's feeling if I don't like there book. But I always give my honest thoughts on a book I read.
Monique @ Mo_Books

Katherine P said...

Great advice and so true! There's ways to say that the book didn't work for you without being mean and negative can be as helpful to a reader as positive reviews.
That's definitely an attention grabbing beginning! Definitely makes me wonder what happens next!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

That's a great opening -- it literally starts with a bang! I'd keep reading to find out what's going on. Who's shooting at Emma and why?
My Friday post features a legal thriller: BODILY HARM.

Elizabeth said...

Perfect advice. Give your honest opinion, but be kind. :)

ENJOY your weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

sherry fundin said...

I agree with your comment, but I always look for something good to say about a book. Sometimes there is nothing that catches me, but that is very rare. The beginning definitely got my attention. LOL

sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Alysia said...

I totally agree. Saying it in a nice way helps the reader and the writer too.

Lisa Ks Book Reviews said...

This book sure wakes you up right at the beginning.

As far as reviews are concerned, I want to read honest opinions. But I have read reviews that are mean just for the sake of being mean. Some people who leave reviews (I won't say reviewers, because not all of the are true reviewers) go on power trips in their reviews. This tells me nothing about the book, but does tell me a lot about the person leaving the review.

Susan @ Reading World said...

Great advice. Usually I can find something positive to add even in review where I'm generally saying I didn't much care for the book. Still, if I really hated it, I probably wouldn't review it.

Unknown said...

Your advice is great. I couldn't agree more :)

BookBeginning@EverythingNyze
BookBloggerHop@EverythingNyze

Abbi Hart said...

Monique- It's the best way to do things!

Katherine- I agree! And yes that beginning makes you want to see what happens!

Sandra- Haha yeah!

Elizabeth-Thanks

Sherry-Yeah I always try to find a positive aspect that I can mention!

Alysia- :)

Lisa- I greatly dislike when people do that!

Susan- I agree

Nyze- Thanks

Post a Comment