Thursday, February 13, 2014

Romance-ology 101 by Julie Lessman

About the Book
A KISS IS NOT JUST A KISS ... NOR IS A SIGH JUST A SIGH ...
In ROMANCE-ology 101, Award-winning “Passion Most Pure” expert Julie Lessman tackles the subject of romantic tension in today’s inspirational/sweet markets with humor and heart. Offering tips for ramping up the WOW factor with romance that is both sweet and swoon-worthy, Lessman highlights tried-and-true methods with before-and-after examples to illustrate the following points:
-- Getting inside the Hero’s Head with Internal Monologue
-- Maximizing Use of Beats in Dialogue
-- Effectively Using Dialogue to Escalate Tension
-- Utilizing Dual Point of View
-- Escalating Romantic Tension with Anger
-- Using All Five Senses for Heightened Effect
-- Cashing In on the Kid and Pet Factor
-- Enhancing Mood with Emotionally Charged Words/Verbs
-- Capitalizing on the Element of Surprise
-- Exposing Desire in an Unwilling Character
-- Immediate Hero/Heroine Confrontation
-- Making the Most of Touch and Response
-- Implementing the Concept of Forbidden Fruit
-- Words with a Hint of Taboo
-- Appropriate “Bleep” Words for Inspirational Romance
-- KISS-ology 101: The Many Faces of a Kiss

My Thoughts
I am not, and I doubt I ever will be, a writer, but I still wanted to read this book simply because of the author! That being said I loved it! It was really cool to get a look kinda behind-the-scenes of some of the great moments of Julie's books! I loved how it was written like she was actually in a classroom teaching and some of the comments she made, made me laugh out loud! I also loved all of the excerpts from Julie's books, it gave me a little O'Conner and McClare fix to help tide me over till I succumb and reread her books again!
I can definitely see how this would be a very helpful tool to romance writers out there and even as only a reader I still gained knowledge from it! So I highly recommend this to writers and to Julie's fans!

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE KINDLE COPY OF THIS BOOK HERE FREE FROM NOW UNTIL THE 16TH!! DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!

Meet the Author
Julie Lessman is an award-winning author whose tagline of "Passion With a Purpose" underscores her intense passion for both God and romance. Winner of the 2009 ACFW Debut Author of the Year and Holt Medallion Awards of Merit for Best First Book and Long Inspirational, Julie is also the recipient of 14 Romance Writers of America awards and was voted by readers as "Borders Best of 2009 So Far: Your Favorite Fiction." Chosen as the #1 Romance Fiction Author of the Year in the Family Fiction magazine 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards, Julie was also awarded #1 Historical Fiction Author of the Year in that same poll and #3 Author of the Year, #4 Novel of the Year and #3 Series of the year. She resides in Missouri with her husband, daughter, son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter and is the author of "The Daughters of Boston" series--A Passion Most Pure, A Passion Redeemed, and A Passion Denied. Book 1 in her "Winds of Change" series A Hope Undaunted ranked #5 on Booklist's Top 10 Inspirational Fiction for 2010. You can contact Julie through her website at www.julielessman.com
P.S. She's just an all around amazing person!

2 comments:

Stormi said...

Oh I got to pick me up a copy of this one. I dabble a bit in writing and need some help with my romance-ology!! :) lol I also love Julie Lessman so I know this has got to be great.

Abbi Hart said...

Stormi-It sounds like this will be perfect for you!

Post a Comment