Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #145: The Trouble With Patience

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we're
eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Trouble With Patience by Maggie Brendan
Revell-February 17, 2015

About the Book
Patience Cavanaugh has lost hope in romance. The man she yearned to marry is dead and her dreams are gone with him. Now she is consumed with the restoration of a dilapidated boarding house in order to support herself. Despite her desire for solitude, Jedediah Jones, the local sheriff with a reputation for hanging criminals, becomes an ever-looming part of her life. It seems like such a simple arrangement: Patience needs someone with a strong back to help her fix up the boardinghouse, and Jedediah needs a dependable source of food for himself and his prisoners. But Patience gets more than she bargained for as she explores the depths of the "hanging lawman"--and finds both betrayal and love.

With a keen eye to historical detail and a deft hand at romantic tension, Maggie Brendan invites readers to a Montana gold rush boomtown, where vices and virtues are on full display and love is lying in wait.

Why I Want It
This author's books are hit or miss for me and this one sounds like it could be a hit!

3 comments:

christine danielle said...

This looks like an interesting book to read, I guess I should add it to my to-be-read list then. Great choice by the way.
My Waiting On Wednesday!

Unknown said...

I've got this book to review next month.. I hope it's good!

Abbi Hart said...

Christine-The cover isn't the greatest but the plot makes up for it!

Shannah-I think I'm getting it for review too and I agree that I hope it's good!

Post a Comment