Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Memes 10/23

Book Blogger Hop

The Question:
Name one book you've read in the past that still haunts you today.

My Answer:
I can't really think of any book that haunts me...


Hosted by: Rose City Reader

"Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name."

The Lord had picked a horrible time to remind Miss Amelia Stalwood that she should have been a bit more grateful that everyone overlooked her very existence. She would have given anything for a bit of that invisibility now. But no, she had this man's complete and total attention. 
Tumbling ff a rolling library ladder into a man's arms was a difficult thing to ignore, after all.
A Lady of Esteem by Kristi Ann Hunter

My Thoughts
Great beginning! Made me laugh!

4 comments:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I agree -- that's a great opening. Sounds like Miss Amelia's life is about to change.
My Friday post features The Paragraph Ranch.

Elizabeth said...

I don't read too many spooky books, but the one that I read a long time ago made me never read it Stephen King again. :)

Have a great weekend.

Happy Hopping!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Blog Hop Answer

Maria said...

Lol...I love the beginning of this book! Thanks for sharing it. Here's my Book Beginnings & 56

Abbi Hart said...

Sandra-Haha yeah!

Elizabeth-Yeah I'm not really in to spooky books either.

Maria-I loved it too!

Post a Comment